Now Hiring Full & Part Time
Community Support Worker jobs Winnipeg
Community Support Worker jobs Winnipeg Position Summary:
Turning Leaf (Inc.) Community Support service is designed to provide tailored, person-centered treatment and supports to adults who are living with an intellectual challenge, developmental disability and/or mental illness within the community.
Reporting to Community Support Case Managers and Community Support Supervisors, the Community Support Worker will provide our person-centered supports to clients who live within the community in various living environments.
Community Support Workers will work directly with our clients in helping set goals and making healthy life choices. Community Support Workers will work closely with the Community Support Case Managers and Supervisors to observe, plan, implement and execute programs and activities that promote and encourage learning and development in daily living, social and life skills.
Community Support Worker jobs Winnipeg Qualities & Qualifications
Turning Leaf Community Support Workers must possess the capacity to be aware of, and control one’s emotions. Moreover, Community Support Workers must be able to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously, empathetically and professionally while executing their responsibilities and providing Turning Leaf’s person- centered supports. In addition, every Residential Support Worker must possess experience with and skills in:
- De-escalating aggressive behavior.
- Working with adults who are living with an intellectual challenge, mental illness and who are in conflict with the law.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Aptitude towards managing crisis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Community Support Worker jobs Winnipeg Minimum Employment Requirements
- Updated resume
- 18 years or older
- Available anytime 35 – 40 hours p/week (Full time)
- Available anytime 15 – 25 hours p/week (Part time)
- Clear Criminal Record Check (no older than 3 months)
- Clear Child Abuse Registry Check (no older than 3 months)
- Clear Adult Abuse Registry Check (no older than 3 months)
- Vulnerable Persons Act training
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training
- Post secondary education in Human Services (Certificate, Diploma or Degree)
- Valid First Aid/CPR certification
- Valid Class 5 divers license and reliable vehicle
- Minimum 3 years direct support experience working in a residential or community setting
- 3 employment references
Employee Benefits for Community Support Worker jobs Winnipeg
- Health benefits
- Paid sick time, bereavement leave and compassionate care leave
- Mileage reimbursements
- Paid training (First Aid/CPR, NVCI, VPA, Mental Health First Aid etc…)
- EAP program (Employee Assistance Program)
How To Apply
If you are interested in a career with Turning Leaf Community Support Services, please forward your cover letter and resume to:
ATTN: Human Resources
Download the PDF document
Click here: full-time-and-part-time-community-support-workers-in-winnipeg
To continue searching the careers section click here