All proceeds from this event will go to Turning Leaf Community Support Services
to help provide crisis and treatment services to those experiencing
intellectual challenge and mental illness.
Your support helps us end the stigma surrounding mental illness.
Age 5 – 8
Manitoba’s Little Big Shots Rule & Regulations
- Contest is open for children ages 5 – 16.
- Duets are entered into the age category of the oldest child in the duet
- Groups are entered into the age category of the oldest child in the group.
- No family members of Turning Leaf (Inc) are permitted to participate.
- Contestants must be amateur entertainers, otherwise be persons who may be involved within the entertainment industry as singers or entertainers on a part-time basis, and do not belong to any professional organization (s) connected with the entertainment industry. Vocal contestants must not have any albums of any kind out in public.
- Video audition entries are to be submitted online via http://mblittlebigshots.com with a $25 registration fee.
- One entry per contestant per category.
- Entries for the contest must be received by the due date and are subject to time availability of openings remaining. Anyone registering after due date may not have a chance to compete due to time slot availability.
- Solo audition: $25.00 registration fee is required per solo audition entry.
- Duet audition: $40.00 registration fee is required per duet audition entry.
- Group audition: $60.00 registration fee is required per group entry.
- (If you want to perform in more than one category, you must submit the applicable fee per category).
- Manitoba’s Little Big Shots committee reserves the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility. Failure to provide such proof within a reasonable time could result in disqualification from the competition. All personal details and information requested by the Manitoba Little Big Shots committee by each contestant must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. The committee reserves the discretion to investigate and disqualify any contestant, should the contestant at any stage of the event supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information or should the contestant be ineligible for the competition pursuant to these rules.
- By submission of an application and entering into this contest, each contestant represents and warrants his or her compliance with these rules and regulations. No contestant will be permitted to audition or participate unless he or she has acknowledged and agreed to these rules and regulations.
- By entering, each contestant agrees that Manitoba Little Big Shots and their successors have the right to use their names, likenesses, and images of all persons performing for future advertising, promotion and publicity in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity.
- Contestants may perform as a solo act, duets or group.
- Contestants MAY NOT utilize live props, back-up singers, dancers or animals. Nonhuman props such as costumes and other accessories are permitted. Contestants may accompany themselves or have one accompaniment of a live musical instrument.
- Contestants must supply their own background tracks on a single CD. For vocal contestants, background music must be clear of lead vocal singers, only musical band instruments are acceptable.
- Contestants are not permitted to leave the stage or stage area during their performance. This includes singing or dancing within the audience.
- The time limit for each contestant is no more than 10 minutes. No changing of CD’s will be allowed. Songs going over 10 minutes will be shut off.
- Contestants may sing the same song as another contestant or group.
- Contestants may dance to the same songs as another contestant or group.
- No changes in song choice may be made once the contestant has delivered the background CD to the sound person. CD’s must be given to the Manitoba’s Little Big Shots committee representative by Sunday, October 15, 2017. For the sake of the other contestants and keeping the flow of the contest in order, please be available to perform one hour prior to your performance time. If not, you could forfeit your turn and possibly be disqualified. Also, when entering and exiting the stage, please be prompt.
- Songs containing vulgar or explicit sexual lyrics will not be allowed. Contestants who during their performance, use any obscene, offensive, sexual or otherwise inappropriate behavior or gestures, including without limitation those referencing or depicting violence, nudity or explicit activity or which are not in the spirit of the contest or do not meet the Manitoba Little Big Shots standards for any reason, as determined by the committee will be disqualified from the competition.
- Contestants and/or their family or associates are not allowed to have contact with any contest judge before or during the competition. Please do not hang out in back of or around the judge’s area.
- Contestants and/or their family or associates who exhibit offensive behavior during any portion of the competition may result in the disqualification of the contestant from further competition. Offensive behavior includes poor sportsmanship, bad manners and lack of decorum.
- The order in which each contestant competes in the finals shall be determined by the committee.
- In the event there is a tie, the winner will be determined by a vote of the judges
Connect with Manitoba’s Little Big Shots online!