Residential Support Supervisor – Portage la Prairie
Turning Leaf is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to providing helpful services to those experiencing intellectual challenges and mental illness. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to utilize their experience and skills to move the organization to the next level! Turning Leaf Community Support Services Inc. Residential Support Services are designed to provide 24-hour, in-facility, person-centered supports to adults living with an intellectual challenge or mental illness.
Residential Supervisors report directly to the Residential Case Manager and are responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the home. Direct responsibilities include (but not limited to): providing leadership, training, developing, scheduling and supervising staff, ensuring the home operates in conjunction with provincial licensing, follows the agency policies and procedures, maintains the home’s budget and ensuring that the resident(s) needs are being met. The Residential Supervisor will participate in systems team meetings with collaterals alongside the Residential Case Manager when designing behaviour plans, will ensure the participant attends all necessary appointments that may include: probation meetings, medication reviews, medical, therapy, day program, etc. Additionally, the Residential Supervisor will ensure that all critical information pertaining to the participants or the home are reported directly to the Residential Case Manager.
Residential Support Supervisor Job Essential Requirements
- Due to the profile of the individual that we are supporting, the candidate must be male
- Current Criminal Record Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check (no older than three months)
- Valid C.P.R. and First Aid Certification
- Vulnerable Persons Act and Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Certification
- Completion of a Post-Secondary education in Human Services (Certificate, Diploma or Degree)
- Minimum two years in a supervisory role
- Minimum four years related work experience
Residential Support Supervisor Job Desired Attributes
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Excellent ability to write detailed reports
- Nonreactive and the ability to know when it is appropriate to intervene.
- Ability to diffuse highly sexualized behaviours
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities in a professional and timely manner
- Possess strong leadership skills and experience leading a team
- Provide leadership training to the team using a person-centered approach to both participants and staff
- Self-starter and proactive approach in resolving problems and issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general information and data
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel. Treat all with dignity and respect.
- Open and receptive to people’s needs
- Ability to effectively present information in a clear manner, demonstrate procedures and respond to questions
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with individuals presenting with a variety of communication abilities and limitations
- Experience effectively navigating through potentially high-risk situations through verbal de-escalation techniques, and the ability to stay calm in potentially high-stress situations
- Knowledge of behaviour modification, supportive communication, and the stages of change
- Experience working with individuals struggling with addictions
- Experience working with individuals with FASD, Schizophrenia, ODD, ARND and antisocial behaviours who need guidance with appropriate emotional and physical boundaries.
Residential Support Supervisor Job Benefits
- Competitive Salary paid
- Health benefits immediately
- Enrollment in GRRSP (optional)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Cell phone allowance
- Mileage reimbursement
- 3 week’s vacation
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
by February 22, 2017.
Download the PDF document
Click here: Residential Support Supervisor Unit 10 Portage la Prairie
To continue searching the careers section click here