Now Hiring People For Casual
Residential Support Worker jobs Winkler, MB
Casual Residential Support Worker jobs Winkler Position Summary:
Turning Leaf (Inc.) Residential Support service is designed to provide, in facility, person-centered treatment and supports to adults (or individuals transitioning to adulthood) who are living with an intellectual challenge, developmental disability and/or mental illness.
Reporting to the Residential Supervisors and the Residential Team Lead, the Residential Support Worker will provide our person-centered supports to participants who live in Turning Leaf’s residential facilities. Residential Support Workers will work directly with our participants in helping set goals and making healthy life choices. Residential Support Workers will work closely with the Residential Supervisor and the Residential Team Lead to observe, plan, implement and execute programs and activities that promote and encourage learning and development in daily living, social and life skills.
Casual Residential Support Worker jobs Winkler Qualities & Qualifications
Turning Leaf Residential Support Workers must possess the capacity to be aware of and control one’s emotions. Moreover, Residential Support Workers must be able to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously, empathetically and professionally while executing their responsibilities and providing Turning Leaf’s person-centered supports. In addition, every Residential Support Worker must possess experience with and skills in:
- De-escalating aggressive behavior
- Working with adults who are living with an intellectual challenge, mental illness and/or who are in conflict with the law
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Aptitude towards managing crisis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Casual Residential Support Worker jobs Winkler Minimum Employment Requirements
- Updated resume
- 18 years or older
- Available anytime 35 – 40 hours p/week (Full time)
- Available anytime 15 – 25 hours p/week (Part time)
- Clear Criminal Record Check (no older than 3 months)
- Clear Child Abuse Registry Check (no older than 3 months)
- Clear Adult Abuse Registry Check (no older than 3 months)
- Vulnerable Persons Act training
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training
- Post-secondary education in Human Services (Certificate, Diploma or Degree) is an asset
- Valid Standard First Aid / CPR Certification
- Class 5 Drivers License and reliable vehicle
- Clear Driver’s Abstract and proof of insurance
- Minimum 1 year direct support experience working in a residential or community setting.
- 3 employment references
Casual Residential Support Worker jobs Winkler Employee Benefits
- Health benefits.
- GRRSP program (optional).
- Paid sick time, bereavement leave and compassionate care leave.
- Mileage reimbursements.
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Paid training
How To Apply: Casual Residential Support Worker jobs Winkler
If you are interested in a career with Turning Leaf Community Support Services, please forward your resume to:
ATTN: Human Resources
Download the PDF document
Click here: Winkler, MB – Casual Res Support Workers
To continue searching the Careers section click here